The Qoobar project now uses openSUSE Build Service to build its packages. So it is much easier now to install Qoobar if you have one of the following systems:
- Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10
- Fedora 20 - 22
- CentOS 6 - 7
- openSUSE 13.1 - 13.2
- openSUSE Factory
The latest version can be downloaded from openSUSE software search:
- Type qoobar in the search line
- Click (search options) and check Include user's home projects
- Choose your system type and click Search.
- Choose the right architecture and download the package.
If you are using one of SUSE systems, feel free to use 1 Click Install.
Ubuntu users can add this PPA repository: ppa:aleksej-novichkov/ppa. The installation process is as follows:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aleksej-novichkov/ppa > sudo apt-get update > sudo apt-get install qoobar
The supported Ubuntu versions: 12.04 (precise), 14.04 (trusty), 14.10 (utopic), 15.04 (vivid), 15.10 (wily). Other Ubuntu releases may contain outdated Qoobar packages, as they are no longer supported by PPA.
Windows users can download the full 32-bit installer qoobar-.exe from .
Mac OS X
The Mac version of Qoobar can be downloaded from .
On any issues regarding this version please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Qoobar manually
- Under Unix:
- Install Qt-devel >= 4.6, gstreamer-devel, libflac, flac, libdiscid, enca, shntool and gcc tools
- Download source files
- Untar the archive, then go into the folder and in the console type:
$ qmake $ make $ sudo make install $ make clean
- Under Windows:
- Install Qt/Windows Open Source Edition >= 4.6.0
- Download source files and unpack the archive.
- Download win_utils.tar.gz archive with necessary dlls and execs and unpack it into the source folder.
- In the console go into the folder and type:
> qmake > mingw32-make > mingw32-make clean
- Copy release/* files to desired location or run release/qoobar.exe
The Git repository of Qoobar is git://git.code.sf.net/p/qoobar/code.
Older versions of Qoobar can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qoobar/files